Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bokeh



A photographer's term that is loosely thrown around. I've seen it used to describe anything that is blurry, or out of focus behind the subject. My personal belief is that good bokeh adds something to the photograph, and doesn't detract from it. But just being out of focus behind your subject? I don't believe that is bokeh.
Other photogs, what do you think?

ISO 320 f1.8 SS 1/100

3 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2008 at 11:29 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous February 12, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Great DOF! =)

kristykh February 14, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

hahaha! I have actually been meaning to look up bokeh every time I see it used. I was starting to understand what it is just from context, but I keep forgetting to look it up. I need to add that to my "to do" list. It is so easy to lose focus with a 6 mo old around. I like your definition and I like the out of focus background. It does add to the picture!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP